Another Gordon Ramsay recipe I intend to use for Thanksgiving is this apple and cranberry sauce. It will require two herbs and spices I never ate or used before: Star Anise, which comes from Vietnam and China, and Cardamon, which comes from India. These two could not be found in my local grocery store so I bought them online from Amazon. It will be nice to try something new, especially around the holidays.
For those of you who are interested in this recipe, here it is:
- Core, peel and thinly slice 2 apples.
- Grate thezest of one Orange and squeeze out the juice.
- Place castor sugar, star annisse and cardamon in a heavy-bottom skillet and caramelize.
- Add the cranberries and cook until they start to blister and pop.
- add the apples to pan.
- Deglaze with port and add orange zest and juice.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- Cool and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve cold or room temperature.